Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Quick Trip--More Snow


Hee Hee, I just stole this photo from my son's blog.

My last wanderings included a quick, and unexpected trip to St. Cloud, MN. That's about 270 miles from our place. I got home from TX on Tuesday at noon and got the call around 4 pm that I needed to be in St. Cloud to Charter a chapter at 4 pm on Wednesday. So I unpacked a few things and threw them into another suitcase--and we left at 9 am on Wednesday. Hubby agreed to be my driver! Yay!

So we drove to St. Cloud, checked into a Fairfield Inn, changed clothes, chartered the chapter and then went out to a fabulous place called Anton's Seafood. It's right along a river (although I don't think it's the Mississippi, because it wasn't big enough--I just looked at a map and it's the Saulk River that flows into the Mississippi). It was great food and great fun watching the ducks swimming by on the river. When they were going with the current, they were really moving fast.

In the morning, when we looked out--more snow. Although it was only 3 or 4 inches and light fluffy stuff rather than that heavy, wet snow that we were stuck in on Monday. We decided to take our time, have a leisurely breakfast, take a swim and hot tub, and then leave for home around 11 am.

I had a conference call scheduled for 3 pm, so we wanted to be someplace where we would get good reception on the cell phone. Since we travel through the iron range, sometimes phones and other electronic devices act up. We got to Virginia right at 3 pm, I made my call--for over two hours--and then we shopped a little bit, had a cheesy bites pizza at Pizza Hut (they're OK, but not all that exciting. If you eat them while they are hot, it's pretty good, but once they cool down even a little all that cheese congeals into a greasy lump.)

So we finally arrived home at 9 pm on Thursday. And now we stay home for a week. And we have a date with Turbo Tax! As my friend said "which might be a little taxing!"

Comments:
Nice Story - thank you for sharing a little about your trip to St. Cloud.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?