Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

I Love Food!

I have mentioned several times that I love to travel. One of the really neat things that I like about traveling is the food. Whenever we are in a new place, we have to try new food and eat at different places. I certainly do not believe in going to McDonalds when I'm traveling (actually I don't go to too many fast food places ever).

Our latest trip is to Tennessee. We flew in to Nashville and headed south. My conference is at Lynchburg and we're staying at Tullahoma. But we got in around noon, so were ready for lunch. Another thing we usually do is stop and buy some bottled water and pop. So we started looking for a Target or Wal-Mart and a restaurant.

As we left the interstate, we saw a sign for "Steak and Shake". Bob said he'd eaten at one in Indiana a few years ago, but I never had--so we tried to drive to it. It did take a trip back onto the interstate, and a scenic drive back, but we made it there. At Steak and Shake, the hamburgers are made of chopped steak and really good. I had a portabella burger and Bob had a Hickory Bacon burger. And their shakes were really neat. They had one that was called 'side-by-side' It had two kinds of shake in the same glass--like vanilla/banana, chocolate/vanilla, peanut butter/chocolate, etc. Bob had one that was Orange Crème and Vanilla. I had a mint chocolate with hot fudge--Yummy!

Tonight we went to The Catfish House--guess what we ate? Catfish--and it was really delicious! They also served Hush Puppies and pickled green tomatoes. The special tonight was Fish and Frogs, but we chose to stick with just the fish and skip the frog legs. I guess there are some things that we won't try. Although I have had frog legs before--I remembered they were mostly deep fried batter and not much else. And I love cat fish--so why not stick with it.

One thing I will have to have while in Tennessee is Barbeque. Up north Barbeque is a verb. We Barbeque food--here Barbeque is a noun. You eat Barbeque. And I'll be thrilled to get the chance to eat some.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?